Are you an IT practitioner who wants to specialize in IT governance? Well, obtaining an IT governance certification is undoubtedly a good idea. Training courses offer a structured learning path to develop the skills needed to deliver the best practice. Well, there are several certification courses available for IT practitioners and lead implementers. In this article at IT Chronicles, Terry Brown shares some of the available certification programs.
IT Governance Certifications
ISACA CGEIT Certification
The Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA) is an international professional association that focuses on IT Governance. The association offers training, conferences, publications, and certification for IT governance professionals. The Certified in Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT) program is for professionals who play a predominant role in advising, managing, and assuring IT governance. This IT certification is awarded for individuals, not companies.
ISACA CRISC Certification
Another certification from ISACA, the Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC) course, is for IT professionals accountable for an enterprise’s danger administration program. CRISC-certified professionals handle risk, oversee response measures, and meet the group’s threat management methods. The CRISC examination covers four domains. It includes:
- Domain 1: Risk Identification
- Domain 2: Risk Assessment
- Domain 3: Risk Response and Mitigation
- Domain 4: Risk and Control Monitoring and Reporting
“The GRC Institute provides training and certifications in Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) and Information Security & Information Technology Governance, Risk, and Compliance (IS/IT-GRC),” says Brown. Different IT GRC certifications include:
- Certified in IT Compliance (CITC)
- Certified in IT Risk Management (CITR)
- Certified in IT Governance (CITG)
- Certified in IT Governance, Risk Management, and Compliance (CGRC-IT)
- Certified IT Compliance Professional (CITCP)
- Certified IT Risk Management Professional (CITRP)
- Certified IT Governance Professional (CITGP)
- Certified IT Governance, Risk Management, and Compliance Professional (CGRCP-IT)/
Certified IT Governance, Risk Management, and Compliance Manager (CGRCM-IT)
To be eligible to take the examinations for these IT governance certifications, the candidates must have membership in the GRC group and three years of professional experience.
To learn more about IT governance certifications, click on https://itchronicles.com/it-governance/it-governance-certification/.